Updated: Jan 27, 2020
Yields: Approx 24 biscottis
11/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 stick Butter, room temperature
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, white chocolate chips...the possibilities are endless!
- Preheat your oven at 350F.
- In a medium bowl sift all of your dry ingredients and set aside until ready to use.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and both sugars until nice and fluffy (approx 2 minutes)
- Scrape down the bowl and add eggs.
- Once the eggs have incorporated, add vanilla extract.
- Add your dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and mix all together.
- Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Portion the dough in two pieces and using a little extra flour or a little water to help form them into 2 logs of 9" by 3". Make sure to place them about 4 inches apart. (Or if you'd like, form the dough into a 16-inch-long, 3-inch-wide log)
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut each log on a slight diagonal into ¾ inch thick slices. Place them cut side down on the parchment lined baking sheet, reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees and return to oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely.