Pumpkin Scones & Maple Butter just in time for Thanksgiving!
Updated: Jan 27
Yield: 8 scones
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 18 mins
Ingredients: 2-1/2 cups of Flour 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder 1/4 tsp Baking Soda 1/2 tsp Salt 8 Tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter 1/2 cup Heavy Cream 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract 1/3 cup of Pumpkin Puree 1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg 1 Egg Egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of heavy cream, milk or water) Raw Sugar
Method of Preparation
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt, mix just to combine.
3) Add the cold butter and mix it just until the butter has broken up a bit and distributed evenly throughout the dry ingredients.
6) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, cream and vanilla. Add it to the dry mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
7) Dump it onto a floured board and shape into a circle or a rectangle that’s about 3/4 inch thick. Cut the scones into desired shape and place them on the parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle them with the raw sugar.
8) Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, let them cool completely.
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 TBSP pumpkin spice
In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (you could also do this by hand if you wished), mix together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice and salt until well blended. Chill in the refrigerator, for about 30 minutes. Take out a few minutes before eating, and spread on your favorite food!